Hot cocoa brings us back to old days at granny’s house. We actually never slept without a cup of hot Cocoa. It can often be loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. These give cocoa a twist with coconut milk and cinnamon. Try the recipe:
As you might know When it’s freezing outside, it’s like your very soul needs something warm. And while we could down packaged mini-marshmallow hot chocolate and coffee all day, we don’t want to abandon our quest for healthy food simply because we need a warm cup or bowl of something in our hands. So, we asked a few top nutritionists to share their go-tos when they need a steamy snack, These are actually the best to go too. So we came up with this guide with our favourite warmers.
1.Coconut Cinnamon Cocoa.
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tbsps coconut cream
1-2 tsps real maple syrup
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp unsweetened, dark cocoa powder
Pinch sea salt
Combine all of the ingredients, heat, and serve.
2. Bean Soup.
- Let’s face it: Store-bought soup is pretty appealing when you don’t have time to whip some up on your own—you need a steamy snack now! you can buy bean-based soup from the supermarket at any time, But how do you pick one that’s truly healthy? “Compare brands, and go with the one with the least sodium (ideally less than 400 mg) and the highest protein (about 5 g or more),” Beans are a good source of protein and fiber , so you’ll feel satiated until your next meal. You would really love them warm, in a way.
3. Popcorn With Cayenne Pepper.
- This is actually my personal favorite One of the lowest in fat ways to pop popcorn is by placing ¼ cup of kernels in a brown lunchbag, folding it over and heating it in the microwave for 1minute on high. Sprinkle in a little salt and some cayenne pepper for an adult version of this savoury snack. 120 calories per serve. This is like healthy and easy to make.
4. Vegetable Chips.
- These are also top notch. You can easy make them. All you have to do is Slice sweet potatoes, beets and parsnips thinly, arrange them on a baking sheet, and drizzle them with olive oil and seasonings before baking them to warm winter snack perfection. You can actually eat these at any time.
5. Chicken Pizza.
- My atmost favourite how can i forget Pizza. It actually beats all the other snacks we have in this guide. Buy whole wheat pizza dough and stretch it into shape. Top with cooked, diced chicken, salsa and pepper jack cheese before baking. You will definitely love its as much as i do
AD : Great News! Did you know You can subscribe to our Magazine to get trends like these & Loads more Lifestyle Trends straight to your WhatsApp or Email for free?. To Subscribe send the KeyWord : Lifestyle to +263771288698
Facebook: Brayzz Africa